W126 500 SEC battery going flat within days

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

samannan

Car
R231 SL63, W166 350ML BlueTech (prev. C126 500 SEC, W202 2000). BMW E46 330ci.
Hi

The battery on my SEC goes flat within a few days

The battery was replaced last week and the break down folks checked it and said it was fine

Do you know of any common problems with this Merc model that could be causing the battery to discharge so quickly?

Also, I hear the pump leaking inside the passenger door, which I assume is for the door lock, which isn’t closing with the remote control. Could this leaking pump be causing the battery to discharge so quickly?

Cheers
Sham

Dont think the locking is connected. There isnt much to draw power on an SEC unless a light is staying on somewhere.

Get your alternator output checked. If the rectifier pack/regulator has gone down the battery won't be charged and faulty rectifiers will drain your battery overnight.

check battery spec

If the battery fitted is of higher rating than that recommended for the car, then the alternator will not be able to fully charge it.

try to check the white ceramic fues sometimes it cracks and connects and discharge to the body, as previous comments it could radio or heater or the like left on and maybe it is not isolated and caused power draw down

Hi
Turns out I had a dodgy battery. Now replaced with a new one and all seems well, thanks for your help/advice

Rgds-Sham

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom