W126 500 SEC engine rebuild...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Richd-X

Car
CLS / SEC / SEL
Looking like i have trouble ahead... the rebuild on my 1992 (yes-1992!) W126 500 SEC is hitting trouble with parts supply!
I am (was) doing a proper job with full engine rebuild- have most parts, but can't get a right side cam, rockers, crank shells.... and possible valve guides.... any ideas?
I have tried so many places- even Febi is chasing parts up- but they think they are deleting parts now, MB are not keeping them... looking like I may have to transplant something in as a last resort!

So-any ideas on parts supplier.. my preference, but whats the easiest to drop in if need be ? An M119?
Does it need that compatible gearbox- or will it match the original W126 one?

Somewhat exasperated- so any help would be very gratefully received ... happy to hear from anyone on my mobile 07806 391666 or email- [email protected]
Hope someone can bale me out... thanks!
Rich

Looking like i have trouble ahead... the rebuild on my 1992 (yes-1992!) W126 500 SEC is hitting trouble with parts supply!
I am (was) doing a proper job with full engine rebuild- have most parts, but can't get a right side cam, rockers, crank shells.... and possible valve guides.... any ideas?
I have tried so many places- even Febi is chasing parts up- but they think they are deleting parts now, MB are not keeping them... looking like I may have to transplant something in as a last resort!

So-any ideas on parts supplier.. my preference, but whats the easiest to drop in if need be ? An M119?
Does it need that compatible gearbox- or will it match the original W126 one?

Somewhat exasperated- so any help would be very gratefully received ... happy to hear from anyone on my mobile 07806 391666 or email- [email protected]
Hope someone can bale me out... thanks!
Rich
Make sure you have all the right part numbers and start Googling. Also, try:
Originalteile - Willkommen bei den KFZ Teile Profis

RayH

An early M119 from something like a 1990 500SL will go in and as it's CIS-E with a 722.3, it should not be too complex.
Have you checked EPC for the parts? Are yours worn beyond use? Usually the M117 just needs head work. Bottom end lives forever.

eBay.de and google translate?!

Have you got the FEBI part numbers to hand? or MB ? i maybe able to help

If you have the VIN I can look up the MB part numbers and give them to Merc85

Have you got the FEBI part numbers to hand? or MB ? i maybe able to help

Thanks I have some dialogue with Febi in the UK, and they advised earlier in the year they would have stock on Week 20.. we are all still waiting !
The camshaft I need is FEBI 07675 / Right side... (as it pairs with the FEBI 07666 / Left side- I already have) and is the right one for the year. The MB Part Number for the FEBI 07675.
My VIN Number is WDB126044-02A-589385 / Engine Number is 117-965- 22033254

I adore the car, so any help would really be appreciated.

I've got new piston rings, and timing kit- will probably put all new crank shells whilst it's in bits, I have one 'loose' valve head insert- so may put a full set in- and of course a set of rockers in. Strangely most of the parts I've noted above are not in stock where I get them from before... which was 'AUTODOC'.

Serious thanks for the replies - much appreciated!

Rich

Autodoc can be a right pain the backside!

John Haynes in worthing might be worth a call. They do full restos and have a parts desk - the bloke is really helpful.

Cams are the same for a 5.0 as they are for a 4.2 M117 and appear to be NLA. You could probably get yours reground or buy a used set if yours are worn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom