W126 560 M117 V8 Crank position sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ron . B.

i have been building a car here fror a Customer weho wanted a 560 engine in it. i have rebuilt the engine (10-1 compression model) .A no start situtaion pointed to the crank sensor failure But.... Bosch no longer makes them and Mercedes no longer stock them . So i am stuck with the only option open to me, either adapt something (but what?) or repair the one i have. So...has anyone ever tried to repair one of these ? Or is there an alternative i haven't found yet?

http://mercede.s.cz/w126/CD1/program/Engine/107/M117_56/15-540.pdf
Its based on a 4 segment timing wheel a glimpse of one segment here.
attachment.php

Megasquirt with a timing gear and sensor at the front of th engine is an alternative discussed here.
M117 V8 crank sensor output - Mercedes-Benz Forum

http://mercede.s.cz/w126/CD1/program/Engine/107/M117_56/15-540.pdf
Its based on a 4 segment timing wheel a glimpse of one segment here.
attachment.php

Megasquirt with a timing gear and sensor at the front of th engine is an alternative discussed here.
M117 V8 crank sensor output - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Yep i had thought about changing the ignition something else (megajolt lite etc) but the car is set up so it's air con etc is working with the EZL .I'm trying to keep it so the owner can simply pop into a merc specilaist and they can service it for him. I have had megajolt on one of my own cars for almost 10 years now and it works great.

Are you talking about the one that goes to the EZL?
You can probably go back in with a CIS (not E) injection setup from an earlier car and do away with the EZL all together by fitting a CIS distributor and ignition box. Or go with wasted spark setup.

If you get really stuck, PM me and I'll pull one from one of my parts cars

Are you talking about the one that goes to the EZL?
You can probably go back in with a CIS (not E) injection setup from an earlier car and do away with the EZL all together by fitting a CIS distributor and ignition box. Or go with wasted spark setup.

If you get really stuck, PM me and I'll pull one from one of my parts cars
G'day Al!. after much searching i found that Hella makes them! i spoke with Tom at the classic center and he was saying Daimler would only stock the Bosch part and this has left Daimler without stocks as bosch no longer makes them. He said he got a lot of hate mail over that ,because of all the 107's that use them too. I have a mate who is converting his 560 to the earlier style no EZL and kE jet so itr will be interesting to see how that runs .BTW, what has happened to the m-100 server ,do you know? here's the hella part number . HELLA 6PU 009 110-441 Cheers!mate!

Ron, I'll shoot you a mail regarding the m-100 site. Good to to hear from you. I'll having all kinds of fun with 6.3's right now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom