W126 560sel custom...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They do say it's in the eye of the beholder

I have seen this car many times, as the chap takes it alot of car shows to which I take the PistonHeads East Anglia group.

It's a proper vehicle, with those rare rear seats and a true enthusiast owner - it's also rather loud too, but not in an offensive way :thumb:

Darren

Only selling to buy an Aston...puleeeeese......

I like it except the chrome wheelarches.

Not a huge fan of aftermarket lights but those ones look fine.

I hate them when they are too 'Lexusy'.

:wallbash::doh:

The car is fundamentally very nice - a 560 SEL, well optioned with the very rare split rear seats and a good colour combo too.

Just needs to lose the AMG mixing of skirts, wheels and rear bumper....if it wants to be a Carat then Gen II Carat versions either maintained stock skirts or utilised Lorinser versions. Front Carat bumper is great, genuine Gen II version.

I have the genuine Gen II Carat rear bumper lying in my back garden should any current or future owner want to get the full carat look.

As the car currently stands, it'd be easier to make it a full AMG using a stock w126 bumper and the AMG Gen II front splitter. I can't see anything Carat specific about the interior ?

talbir

and the blingy grille insert, arch trims etc are easy to lose.

Color coding the AMG wheel centres would be ideal but more effort....sterling silver centres are oh so boring !

talbir

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom