W126 560SEL v W140 600SEL?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carltonfc

Car
W140 S600L & W126 560SEL
Well I will soon find out....

Saw an advert for what looked like a beautiful 1994 600SEL for sale local to me at 11am this morning....viewed it and drove it on the way back home from work at 5pm....by 7pm I had bought it...

Trouble is...part of the deal with the wife means I have to sell my W126 560SEL....

Can't pick it up until Sunday though as we have to drive up north early in the morning for a couple of days....

Roll on Sunday!

As much as I love the w126, the v12 in the 600 is another level. :thumb:

Could you not sell the wife?

An excellent choice sir. Pics to follow soon I hope?

And some more....

Attachments

• P1000878.jpg
    P1000878.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 81
  • P1000877.jpg
    P1000877.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 72
  • P1000879.jpg
    P1000879.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 61
oo still got it's phone, very nice. Looks well cared for.

And it has its original number plates with the dealers name on them too. Very nice indeed.

That looks really lovely!

Get a Becker stereo in there pronto.

Blue Black is a great colour when it's kept immaculately clean. Unfortunately it looks very dull with even a tiny amount of dirt so you'll have your work cut out for you.

Blue Black is a great colour when it's kept immaculately clean. Unfortunately it looks very dull with even a tiny amount of dirt so you'll have your work cut out for you.

Nice car; very nice. Don't say that about the colour, though; my R129 (if it's ever ready to be collected - don't ask...) is Schwarzblau, and I'm a bit allergic to washing cars.

Carltonfc, if you do decide to change the stereo, please may I have first dibs on yours (if it works) for my R129; it has a rather, er, colourful modern unit in at the moment.

That looks really lovely!

Yep...I think you are spot on....it's a tricky colour to really get to shine at you....

Nice car; very nice. Don't say that about the colour, though; my R129 (if it's ever ready to be collected - don't ask...) is Schwarzblau, and I'm a bit allergic to washing cars.

Carltonfc, if you do decide to change the stereo, please may I have first dibs on yours (if it works) for my R129; it has a rather, er, colourful modern unit in at the moment.
This isn't just a stereo...

It has mini disc, navigation, and CD changer with a pop out screen, cost about 2k back in the day!....

Radio works fine, however, can't seem to get the Nav to kick in....it has the CD and everything though....haven't tested the CD changer as yet....

Ah... Include me out; the R129 is just a weekend car (if it is ever ready..), so I don't need all that other stuff. All I need is a decent radio and slot CD unit, that looks reasonably original. I dare say the one in the car works fine, but it doesn't look right.

Very nice car.As l understand they already ditched the 4 zone climate control by 94...shame on you Mercedes...uploadfromtaptalk1448784612657.jpg
My '92 has it...built in 09.91 though.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom