W126 Front Wings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arthur Daley

Hi guys

I am after two new front wings for my W126 not sure if anyone will have any on here? Merc seem to want circa £300 per side not sure if anyone knows of any dealers letting any go cheap?

Have been advised that the genuine ones are a better bet than pattern ones as I am planning on keeping the car long term and my bodyshop man says the pattern ones can sometimes be an awful fit (although a fraction of the cost).

Any ideas or recommendations would be welcomed!!

Cheers

your best bet might be a breaker with a car that has had the wings done in the past with the genuine item. It's debatable whether the present MB supplied wings are of the same quality as the original factory fit ones since their manufacture is almost certainly contracted out to one of the companies that makes the pattern parts. - abeit with perhaps stricter quality control /specification on the finished product than those for resale to the public? :dk: Secret would be to find out who makes them for Mercedes.;) i don't know the answer to that one unfortunately.:(

The consensus always seems to be that genuine MB ones are the best quality and fit . Although I cant speak from much personal experience , I once put a Eurocarparts wing onto a W123 and that fitted fine , although it was thinner and lighter than the rusty one that came off .

If you are keeping the car long term , it probably is worth tracking down genuine ones , either new or used .

I've put front wings on a 560SEL from EuroCarParts and they were fine. I have also put new front wings on a w126 500SE that were genuine MB ones. There was no difference between them. For me it came down to the skill of the fitter at the bodyshop. The wings that I bought from EuroCarParts didn't even have the holes in them for the orange side repeaters but when I got my car back the repeaters were in and you would never have even known. Also if the MB wings were so good they would never have even rusted in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom