W126 Fuel Distributor repairs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

helgi33

Car
500 SEC & CL600
I am about to start working again on my 1988 500SEC.

I had problem with the Fuel Distributor and bought a repair kit but messed up the rebuild. I had spare 560 engine and used the Fuel Distributor from that engine but that one is also giving me problems..

I found "Remanuctured" unit on ebay for Gbp 200 from somebody called National Spares but would rather have one of my 2 units rebuildt ..

Does anybody here know about good company in UK who repairs these Fuel Distributors ?

Are you sure it is the fuel metering head causing the problem? They can be cleaned out without taking them apart.

I am about to start working again on my 1988 500SEC.

I had problem with the Fuel Distributor and bought a repair kit but messed up the rebuild.

details of the repair and recon versions pls

Are you sure it is the fuel metering head causing the problem? They can be cleaned out without taking them apart.

what would u you to clean it, a friend is restoring a car and it has not run, fuel getting in, but not coming out, easy start through diaphram engine works fine probably something stuck inside the pipes, would cleaner do it without distmantling

The reason why I suspected the Fuel Distributor to be faulty was that I had basically elimanted everything else. The engine has been holding a bit back when given more than half throttle.. I had replaced every single ignition part (plugs leads rotor distribution cap coil ) both fuel pumps and filters and there wasnt really anything left that could cause lack of power on more than hlf throttle..

I bought on of these repair kits but made a mess when assembing and suspect I damaged the diaphram so unit leaked heavily once fule pressure came on.

When I installed the Fuel Distributor from the 560 engine then the car was worse with rough idle and rougher running....

So now I want a good fuel distributor ...

Hi Carat 3.6 .. thanks for the lead...
I have checked the mixture and made it leaner and richer... didnt really change the lack of power at more than half throttle..
I got maybe a little bit more throttle before start loosing power when very rich which kind of supports my theory that the fuel distributor isnt delivering enough fuel at full throttle...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom