W126 Gen II Flag poles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

h17n dj

Car
W126 500SEL
All,

Please forgive me if this is meant to be in the "Parts" section. I am looking for the flagpoles and fittings for my Gen 2 W126 500 SEL. Anyone have any ideas as to where I can purchase them from, part numbers etc?

What would be even better, the dimensions for this so I can get some friendly engineering shop I know to make some.

Thank you in advance

Are you planning to seize power somewhere in South America ?

A cheaper alternative might be the Japanese parking pole. No flags on it but I put one in my car and then everyone thought it was a flag pole. It fits by the front bumper.
Last time I saw the real poles they were about £1200 used.

I went to my friendly engineers shop about flagpoles and they said it would cost hundreds to make some. That was just poles without brackets. (I hadn't figured out the bracket thing yet.)

The ninth post down in this forum thread has some part numbers.

M-100 Message Board - Looking for Mercedes fender Flag Sticks/Poles

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]The poles are the same for the left side and the right side.
Partnumber 126.810.05.84

The mountingunits are different for the left side and for the right side:
Complete set including the flagpoles for the W126 left 126.810.03.84
Complete set incl the flagpoles for the W126 right 126.810.04.84
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Always fancied a set for my W116 450SE. They are in my parts catalogue for the car which has two types, the one illustrated with the MB star and a plain one with I think a light on top. Have often thought to ask the Classic Centre if they are still available but not sure if I am ready for the price.

There are different poles : one type attaches to the front wings , and one would normally have a pair ; there is a different one , which is a single unit and goes in place of the star atop the radiator grille .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom