W126 LHD wiper linkage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Catman

Car
Mercedes E240
:wallbash:Pontoneer recommended that I look on ebay.de to see if there was a complete windscreen wiper linkage on there for my W126 300SE LHD. I was pleased to see that there is one on there which was removed from the same model and the same year. I attempted to order it. Armed with a German-English dictionary and Google translator I tried my best to do this. I clicked on any button that looked right, and ended up with two of the same item. I was unable to get rid of the extra one, and have now received two messages from ebay re. the returns policy for both items. I don't think that I have paid for anything as I could not understand what I was supposed to do with my paypal account. All in all it has been a total nightmare and I have achieved nothing. How are you supposed to get anything from ebay.de? I had to get all this off my chest as I am so frustrated. I am off to bed now, I will try again tommorow.:(

Use Google chrome browser and enable the auto translate option. As it says on the tin it automatically translates pages and web sites into English.

Always works for me.

The other option is to use the 'ask seller a question' button ( page layout is the same as eBay UK even if you don't understand the text ) and just type your questions in English , with a grovelling apology for not speaking German . Most Germans speak excellent English and will happily reply .

Another trick is just to select/copy the eBay item number ; then paste it into the search field in your eBay UK home page - this should bring all the buttons and boxes up in English .

^ Same thing in IE9.

The other alterantive is to learn German.......
mct cars: I use IE9, so my next question is - how do I enable the auto translate option?
Alan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom