w126 m117 Tri-Y Exhaust manifolds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fonzi

Car
107 126 108
I have a set of RHD Tri-Y manifolds that I purchased from Russia as LHD. After they were shipped, I realized they looked strange and have verified that they are RHD. The rear two pieces are the same as LHD, but I have to get rid of these, and hopefully help the seller who sold them to me.

Is there much interest in Tri-Y for w126 m117 in the UK? I am checking Australia too, and I guess I can try to figure out where else in the world people might have RHD v8 w126 and be looking for performance enhancements. I also just have the manifolds, not the downpipes. Timevalve says they can make downpipes for me though. These cast exhaust manifolds are the tough part to source.

Any thoughts on the level of interest?

I guess I can list them on ebay. I wonder if ebay will let someone from the US sell on ebay.uk.

Only other country might be South Africa? Why not post up some pictures of the items you are speaking about- pictures are worth a thousand words

Last edited:
Thank you. I came up with my own slightly more detailed list, and posted it in post 66 of this thread:

Tri-Y downpipes - How/where to obtain

copying it here:

Let’s put it in the same order the EPC displays them:
——————————————————————

Right Front, cyl 1+3 LHD:
Right Front, cyl 1+3 RHD:
——————————————————————

Right Rear, cyl 2+4 (LHD or RHD):
——————————————————————

Left Front, cyl 5+6 LHD:
Left Front, cyl 5+6 RHD:
——————————————————————

Left Rear, cyl 7+8 (LHD or RHD):
——————————————————————

Left Heat Shield (LHD or RHD):
AMG Left Heat Shield (LHD or RHD):
  • part number: HWA.117.140.01.22
  • casting number: N/A?
——————————————————————

Is there much interest in Tri-Y for w126 m117 in the UK? I am checking Australia too, and I guess I can try to figure out where else in the world people might have RHD v8 w126 and be looking for performance enhancements. .

Japan?

Are you selling these?

Yes. I have a set of RHD tri-y manifolds boxed up, ready to return to the seller in Russia that sold them to me as LHD. Shipping is expensive, and I am trying to find the cheapest option. I bet it would be less expensive to ship to the UK than to Russia from the US. Also, in an effort to help the seller make these pipes profitable, it seems it would make more sense for me to ship these direct to a buyer. So I have been dragging my feet somewhat in returning them to him.

Does anyone here want to buy them?

Yes. I have a set of RHD tri-y manifolds boxed up, ready to return to the seller in Russia that sold them to me as LHD. Shipping is expensive, and I am trying to find the cheapest option. I bet it would be less expensive to ship to the UK than to Russia from the US. Also, in an effort to help the seller make these pipes profitable, it seems it would make more sense for me to ship these direct to a buyer. So I have been dragging my feet somewhat in returning them to him.

Does anyone here want to buy them?
How much are you looking for them? I have a 1984 500SEC and these would be a nice upgrade.

$650 USD shipped should cover it I think. The seller wanted another $400 USD for me to keep them, but that does me no good as I will never have a RHD w126. I know shipping to Russia is over $200 usd and there would likely be fees too. I’m not looking to make a penny off this,just trying to be efficient. If you can find cheaper shipping from the US (Wilmington, Delaware, 19806) I will just add it to the $400

Thank you!. There are some fees for the eBay sale. I think that I need to pay about 14% on anything that I receive. I don’t think I get most of that shipping money because it is the eBay international shipping program. I have a bottom line of 465 I think in order to make the $400 requested. So I’m guessing that about 570 shipped is where it would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom