W126 single fuel pump assembly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coalville126

Car
W126 300SE, S210 E55, R107, Subaru Legacy ST
Wanted as in the title for an early W126. I'm after the complete single pump assembly with bracket, accumulator, pump & pipes.

Tested the FPR and confirmed that it was the pump that's failed. Upon getting under and looking at it, I was shocked to see how corroded the bracket & rigid pipe was.

It's just a long shot that one of you guys might have a useable assembly or one I can re-furb. The ones on ebay look just as bad. Priced up all I need from Inchcape and it's eye-watering.

Has anyone have any experience of Delphi pumps?

I'd opt for a new mounting bracket (and mounting rubbers if yours has them) as I really think you'll find it difficult to get a good used one unless you try searching on Google Spain or Portugal with the part number. I've had similar experiences with a W124, W201 and an early W202.
As for Delphi pumps I can't advise other than to say I'd stick with Bosch, simply on the basis of the devil you know...and they do last in fairness. I purchased one for my W201 last year, a very similar pump or it could even be the same as the W126 for less than a £100 from KMS Birmingham.

Thanks for the advice JJJ. I've heard that even with Bosch it could be a gamble as the country of origin is indeterminable.

I've priced up everything from Inchcape and it all okay, pump £196, accumulator £124, £27 rigid pipe plus another £70 for rubber mounts, valves, flexi pipes & sundries - apart from the bracket at £96 for a bit of bent metal!

Personally, I wouldn't pay the guts of two hundred for the pump. I've replaced several pumps at this stage using Bosch, Pierburg and Walbro one's, never had a problem. I do see where you are coming from with the mounting bracket, it's rather expensive for what it is. On the bright side it's unlikely you'll ever be replacing it again and if you do buy it, it might be worth giving it another coat of protective paint. Consider applying a light coat of spray on wax for example over all the new fittings and parts when you have them replaced.

Yes, that's one of them I've come across on my trawl through ebay.

Did a bit of cross-referencing and it seems the single & double pump set-up use different pumps. On the single set-up it's just A0020919701, while the twin it's one of the previous and the second pump is A0030915301.

They both look similar, but it appears one is a main pump and the other (usually much cheaper) A0030915301 is some sort of secondary pump. The listings on ebay don't seem to make it clear. I guess a phone call to KMS tomorrow might be my best bet.

Yup, a quick clean up & re-paint of the bracket is the most cost effective option. That's why I was hoping to get a used set-up so I could do it at leisure.

Polite bump - anybody??

New Pierburg pump bought, but still welcome the rest - bracket, etc.

you mention you need parts for a early w126 but your details lists a 300se. i should have the parts your need if its for a gen 2 w126 not sure on the gen 1 parts.p.m if interested.

PM'd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom