W126 speed idle control valve

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

h17n dj

Car
W126 500SEL
Hello all,

As the title suggests, I’m after a working speed idle control valve. Does anybody have one they would like to sell? Car is a Gen 2 500SEL M117 engine code.

Many thanks.

Hiten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that the gen 2 w126 has an idle control module. It's under the fake floor in the passenger foot well.

Thanks

I think that the gen 2 w126 has an idle control module. It's under the fake floor in the passenger foot well.

Thanks

Thanks for your response. The garage have informed me it’s the speed idle control valve....?

What are your symptoms? an AAV basically just have an electronically actuated door that opens and closes. If it's faulty, it's usually because of carbon build up that is either preventing the door from opening or closing. Remove it and use carb cleaner and WD40 to free up the door, then test with a small battery or 12v battery charger to see if the door opens and closes properly.

Last I checked the part was very expensive and might be NLA.

Is it A0001411625 as seen in this video [ rare as hens teeth!] they can sometimes be cleaned [ ultrasonic bath?] or the connections repaired if electrically dead
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is it A0001411625 as seen in this video [ rare as hens teeth!] they can sometimes be cleaned [ ultrasonic bath?] or the connections repaired if electrically dead
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm not sure if this guys problem is the AAV, if the idle control valve was stuck open, he'd be idling at 1500-2000rpm when hot. He might just have a vacuum leak.

Reactions: 219
If you mean the guy in the video I agree-I just posted it so folks could see what it looked like? I think they were made by VDO[ Siemens /Continental] rather than Bosch?

Cheers everyone.

Symptoms are that the car is idling high. The garage have said that they have tried to clean with no avail?

I thought it might be a slightly rare item unfortunately :(.

Was hoping someone would have one they would like to sell...

Cheers everyone.

Symptoms are that the car is idling high. The garage have said that they have tried to clean with no avail?

Did they test it? high idle could be caused by many things. Vacuum leak, failing OVP, bad idle control module should also be checked out.

I am guessing they have. I wont be going there until Friday so can ask a few more in depth questions.

I'm pretty sure that in my 500SEL the idle was electronically controlled by one of the modules at the top of the bulkhead ...

I'm pretty sure that in my 500SEL the idle was electronically controlled by one of the modules at the top of the bulkhead ...

If your car is a gen 1 car, this would be correct. The idle control module was moved to the foot well on the passenger side for gen 2 cars behind the fake floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom