W126 Sunroof Wind Deflector

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WigeonIncognito

Car
W126 560 SEL
Hi all,

I'd hoped this weekend would be the weekend I finally collected the car but due to delays with parts it's going to be out of my grasp for a little while longer yet so I thought I'd figure out this little niggles before it lands at my house so I can fix it straight away.

Basically, the little deflector that should pop up when the sunroof slides back doesn't pop up.

Does anybody out there have any knowledge of what might be broken/need altering?

Thanks,

Matt.

I have the same thing. Havent bothered with it yet. My whole sunroof assembly is tired. It doesnt tilt, but does slide. It took a lot of gentle encouragement and lubing to open and shut in the first place. I vaguely plan to swap out the whole sunroof cassette with a good one i've got. Cant quite bring myself to pull down the headliner though, lol.

I think the wind deflector is a pretty simple thing to replace. Its surprising how much difference it actually makes with the roof open.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w126-s-se-sec-sel-sd/1444562-w126-lazy-sunroof-wind-deflectors.html

Last edited:
Thanks for that, hopefully it's just a spring that's gone then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom