w126 sunroof

• Thread starter Deleted member 11979
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 11979

The sunroof on my w126 has stopped tilting and upon dismantling it was found the plastic assemble with all the levers and so on that connects the sliding ‘bar’ to the sunroof panel had a snapped arm.

Where to get a new one? I’ve heard the aftermarket ones are bad quality, anyone know if this is true?

Many thanks

CCAALLVVIINN

Have you tried the main dealer (not trying to teach you to suck eggs here). I had the wind deflector springs snap on my 124 4-Matic and they were still available for a couple of quid at the main dealer (Maidstone Mercedes ask for David). In fact, I found that they could supply almost the entire sunroof in its constituent parts and at very good prices. This is despite many of them having been upgraded over the years.

Reactions: 219
I’ve been thinking and I am coming round to the idea of main dealer if still available.

They were closed when we realised which part we needed but I’ll call on Monday to find out.

The aftermarket ones readily available come in pairs for about £150, whereas a new old stock SEC one (mines a saloon so no good) is £125

I guess although only one side is broken it is prudent to replace in pairs.

I was surprised at how easy it was to get the roof apart and back together, it’s not as bad as you read on the web (although I’m not fixed yet)

If you struggle at the dealers? Then do give David a call at Maidstone Mercedes 01622 623700 Mention Bruce please (it may help). David has something of a reputation for being able to track down the most obscure parts and get you to the best price deals. For me this has proved invaluable as he has searched all over Europe for parts that other dealers gave a curt "NLA" to my cries for help. He listens, sympathises, then goes off sometimes for a few days, some times minutes, then returns your call usually with the part or a pointer to who else may have and supply it. Basically he does what we all hope these chaps would do, but sadly (more and mote) they cannot be bothered.

£402 plus vat after discount!

Absolute rip of for a piece of plastic

Pattern part now on the horizon

£402 plus vat after discount!

Absolute rip of for a piece of plastic

Pattern part now on the horizon

Wow

Was this from Maidstone and what exactly is the but they are selling you!

They sold me a complete sunroof wind deflector for £45.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A186F0C7-CAA1-4600-9DBB-0971258E69AB.jpeg
A sunroof arm, doesn’t really look like £500 worth

2 sunroof arms bought from Germany and fitted in a couple of hours with a knowledgable friend.

Hey presto, working.

These rooves really aren’t the mystery that you’d think from reading some posts online

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom