W126 Tracking/Stering Wheel Alignment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flash

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercs
Hi,

The tracking and wheel alignment possibly needs to be done on my W126 S Class.

I have found a place that has laser technology to do this and they provide before and after pintouts.

However, they have warned me that on the older prevsious generation Mercs, the rods, cambers and mechansim in general tend to "seize up". If the mechanism has not seized up prior to the tracking/alignment then there is a possibilty that the mecahnism could "seize up" after the tracking/alignment. Thus meaning that the car will have to be retarcked/realigned once the mechanism has been "unseized by a mechanic"

Please could someone explain to me what exactly they are going on about... as what the guy said didnt make much sense. Should there be anything for me to worry about ?

Cheers

Flash

Flash,

Who is it and where are they (just for personal reference).

Many thanks in advance,

K

Kinky...

They are probably based down the road from u in Berkshire...

Slough Trading Estate on Dover Road... I cant remeber the name of the place.... I just happen to be in the area and saw 2 Mercs parked o/side this place waiting to have their tracking done.... I went in and enquired about the tracking for my W126.. just by coincidence there too is also a stealer down the road from there...

Regards,

Flash

yeah - the Dealer is Greenoaks ..... erm .... yeah. Nuff said.*.

I'm going to have mine done and was going to Micheldever (the best in the south). Having said that I've found a new place in Bagshot which opened recently (merityre) - which looks quite interesting! However, they're having a 'family' day on Saturday - BBQ, kids face painting, etc. So I'll be avoiding that

If I don't make it to Micheldever tomorrow (work pressures) - I will certainly use your place on Saturday.

Thanks for that. If you do remember the name or any specific details please post ....

K

* The opinion expressed above is not that of this board or any representatives, official or unofficial, of this board. This is my own personal opinion based on personal experience, and very similiar experiences with a number of my colleagues. All rights reserved. No animals harmed. Prices quoted are for quarterly periods over a 3 year maximum limit. 100% british beef. etc, etc ....

I`m guessing that this place must be ok - there was W140 S class and W202 C Class waiting to have their tracking done... - Next time that I`m back in that area again I`ll find out the name of the place for you.

Regards,

Flash

Not far at all..... U must know the one.....

Nahh - that whole area has changed since I've been last there (I used to work directly around the corner from it) - long before the Audi garage, B&Q, etc, etc ...

Steve - do you know or recall offhand if they do MOTs as well?

If so, I'll get them to replace my front tyres, do the tracking on them and then MOT it.

Hummm - drew a blank on Yellow Pages on the web!

K

Last edited:
Well I made it to Micheldever this morning - and all aok!

2 new tyres and tracking.

MOT next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom