W126 wheel advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mario andretti

Car
220ce 300ce and 300se
I am restoring a 300se at the minute. She is getting a retro conversion as I am fitted efi, LPG and a five speed tiptronic gearbox.
At the minute it is on a set of 17" AMG monoblocs but just not happy the way the rear sits. I am looking for advice or info on rims people have fitted as have a love for the penta style rims as want to keep her 80/90s but add a retro look if possible.

Wheels

Hey dude,

Firstly, what is the car specifically? 300ce or 300se?

Which chassis: 124 or 126?

Pentas were original on the 126 saloon and coupe, they were either 15 or 16 inch though.

pentas would look nice but think they come in 16s so will be a bit of a gap in arches or what i would do is go for some oz amg split rims lowered on h&r springs. it wont be too low and also ride smooth as well as maintaining that retro look.

Was going to use h and r or eibach springs as I want to keep the comfort.

Hey dude,

Firstly, what is the car specifically? 300ce or 300se?

The clue to the answer is in the title ...... dude!

Pentas were original on the 126 saloon and coupe, they were either 15 or 16 inch though.

No they weren't. The Penta wheel was an aftermarket item for the W123 and W126 chassis.

The 16" Penta with an ET of 11 will fill the arches out nicely. However a good set of refurbed Pentas will cost quite a bit. Beware of the 'American Penta' facebook scam!!

Last edited:
Thanks paddy as I will watch out for that scam as was looking on ebay but might try ned kelly too

Thanks paddy as I will watch out for that scam as was looking on ebay but might try ned kelly too

Ned wont have Pentas. I was down with him recently. There are four sets on E Bay at the moment and they wont be getting cheaper!

Mercedes 16" AMG Penta Alloy Wheels R107 SL W126 SEC SEL SE | eBay

Mercedes 16" AMG Penta Alloy Wheels R107 SL W126 SEC SEL SE | eBay

Original Mercedes 16" AMG Penta Alloy Wheels With Tyres PCD 5x112, W126 | eBay

Mercedes 16" AMG Penta Alloy Wheels W126 SEC SEL SE R107 SL | eBay

all the wheels mentiioned above are "penta's" and not genuine "amg pentas" price's for these are not commanding much, ive seen sets sold for as little as £400.
these are being made new now for a lot cheaper and get them to the spec your after. (staggered sets)

all the wheels mentiioned above are "penta's" and not genuine "amg pentas" price's for these are not commanding much, ive seen sets sold for as little as £400.
these are being made new now for a lot cheaper and get them to the spec your after. (staggered sets)

AMG Pentas are like hen's teeth and ordinary Pentas - which are the same thing almost - are all that's available these days. The ones being made new, are those being made in America? If so its a scam!

i have some r129 amg 2-piece split rims 8.5j fronts et 25 and 10j rears et 25 if your interested drop me a p.m they are at the refurber's at the minute getting the full works but should have them back soon

Hi Gentlemen,

Apologies for hijacking the post,I have a 1990 300ce and have recently suffered exhaust issues (bogged job by previous owner) i was thinking of replacing it with stainless steel system,was thinking of using sohans in trim,anybody tried them or other recommendations.(galway based)
thanks Dave

Hi Gentlemen,

Apologies for hijacking the post,I have a 1990 300ce and have recently suffered exhaust issues (bogged job by previous owner) i was thinking of replacing it with stainless steel system,was thinking of using sohans in trim,anybody tried them or other recommendations.(galway based)
thanks Dave

Have heard mixed reviews but would you not consider trying eBay Germany for a full oe spec system as I personally never liked the sound of stainless systems.

Hi Gentlemen,

thanks Dave

Following numerous recommendations from fellow members of the owners club , I took my W126 to P D Gough in Nottingham and was very pleased with the result ; I've subsequently been back and had a system for my SL too .

Details and photos in the thread linked below .

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/96547-exhausting-day.html

Thanks folks, for the information.

Will pull out the german dictionary and do some research.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom