W126 Widebody kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's forum member Talbir :) ;)

Will

Talbir did offer me the kit, but i decided

a) head over heart - its too much money, you can buy another SEC for that.
b) never particularly liked the look of the widebody.

If it was a few hundred quid I would have bought it and kept it as a future "maybe" mod...

Hmm, I'm tempted with the exhaust system.

Do you happen to have a set of genuine AMG springs for a Gen II 560 SEC Talbir?

Although my car is self leveling I'll probably remove that during the rebuild and run standard AMG springs.

Wow, that is one hell of a bodykit ! :D

For sure, personal tastes on the look of the Widebody, but i have yet to see a narrow body SEC that can come anywhere near as imposing and gorgeous as a Widebody....not only does the Widebody look and shape better from every angle, it also has a lower coefficeint of drag ! AMG figures on their press releases prove it !

Plus the ability to run 9.5 inch and 11 inch staggered set-up with no issues !

Another SEC for 3k....is just acquisition of another SEC. 3k on this Widebody kit buys a piece of history and membership of a very select club.

£3k will buy another SEC, but not one for keeps...will likely need another 10k+ spent on it to keep it good for another 10 years. I know people who have bought cheap SECs under 5k and piled over 10k into them very quickly.

Pics below of just how sweet a Widebody looks....

cheers
talbir

PS Watch out for my auction on a set of mint almost new AMG Recaro Classic C seats....heated, orthopaedic and absolutely stunning

Last edited:
Having re read the add, the front spoiler he describes is for the Gen I pre 86 cars,
and the car pictured in the Add is pre 86.

Talbir's picture above is a late Gen II that looks like it has a one piece (very rare) front AMG bumper as opposed to a spoiler fitted to the standard item.

I'd assume the eBay add is for a kit for a Gen I car, although some of the parts are interchangeable.

Hmm, I'm tempted with the exhaust system.

Do you happen to have a set of genuine AMG springs for a Gen II 560 SEC Talbir?

Although my car is self leveling I'll probably remove that during the rebuild and run standard AMG springs.

The set of GENUINE AMG marked springs+shock absorbers is going up on ebay tonight....basically i have ALL the equipment required to make a full-on AMG w126 car :

- AMG Widebody kit
- AMG Sebring exhaust system
- AMG springs + shocks !
- AMG Recaro Classic C seats
- AMG 300kmh white face cluster unit
- AMG w126 Alacantra steering wheel ( alittle tired but still looks and works superb !)

I recall when building my Widebody AMG DOHC car, it took me years to find all the pieces....here they are all in one go for someone out there to build an absolutely stunning AMG Widebody SEC....nothing comes close to looking or feeling as good. I own one and built one, and i woul encourage the same. I would actually do it all again if i have had spare time....but being engaged with the Brabus w126 SEL V12 and Renntech 6.2 500e, i have zero time.

cheers
talbir

Having re read the add, the front spoiler he describes is for the Gen I pre 86 cars,
and the car pictured in the Add is pre 86.

Talbir's picture above is a late Gen II that looks like it has a one piece (very rare) front AMG bumper as opposed to a spoiler fitted to the standard item.

I'd assume the eBay add is for a kit for a Gen I car, although some of the parts are interchangeable.

The car in the add is my Widebody, which is a pre 86.

On the Widebody kit, the only item that is pre or post is really the rear bumper apron...which is no different to the non-widebody gen II AMG rear aprons. Same for Gen I widebodies, the rear bumper apron is no different to stok AMG skirt. The kit i am selling comes with a brand new genuine (not copy) rear apron for Gen II cars. Same as shown on the widebody in the pic above.

My front spoiler is a Gen I item in that it has the cut-outs near the wing tips for the beading that is a feature on the gen I bumpers.....simply fill that little 1 inch gap in if fitting the spoier to a gen II car.

The fenders, flares and side skirts are no different between Gen I and Gen II, i.e. the key Widebody components are right for either generation.

cheers
talbir

Talbir,

Im not questioning the rarity or the value... my decision was based on my personal value placed on the item..

I feel i have done what i wanted to do to the SEC and the widebody kit may be a step too far...

Talbir,

Im not questioning the rarity or the value... my decision was based on my personal value placed on the item..

I feel i have done what i wanted to do to the SEC and the widebody kit may be a step too far...

That's cool....just that 'a few hundred' quid is what you probably paid for a standard set of AMG non-Widebody side skirts alone....:eek: ....something like this, a complete AMG Widebody kit NLA new or used is worth thousands and actually adds thousands to the value of the car.

talbir

Talbir! What are you doing to those w124s? Selling recaros out of the Brabus and Taking the aeros off the other 500e??

Mate, those 500e are breakers man !

Just kidding....the Aeros were replaced some time back with SL -piece alloys, color coded black.

The recaros come out as i have a different plan for the Silver 500e !

cheers
talbir

Mate, those 500e are breakers man !

Just kidding....the Aeros were replaced some time back with SL -piece alloys, color coded black.

The recaros come out as i have a different plan for the Silver 500e !

cheers
talbir

I love those seats...:cool:

How many w126 complete widebody kits have you purchased and for what price ?

And what is the current rate for a complete w126 Widebody kit ? Please validate with advertised examples of other sets currently for sale.

I'll adjust my price accordingly.....:p

talbir

How many w126 complete widebody kits have you purchased and for what price ?

And what is the current rate for a complete w126 Widebody kit ? Please validate with advertised examples of other sets currently for sale.

I'll adjust my price accordingly.....:p

talbir
I have bought NOS AMG body kit for 560SEC for 160000 yens (1750USD) in Japan - Sumimoto LTD (AMG Japan Ltd.):p

Oh really ? Widebody kit or non-Widebody ?

Genuine or replica ?

Please post pics.

thanks
talbir
NOS Original Non Widebody kit. Photos I will make in October or November when I will restore the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom