W126 won't Rev past idle.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

1956ultra

Good morning friends,

I'm having a problem with my 1989 560 sel. The car will start and idle no problem but will not Rev at all, it will engage in any gear but only move a couple of inches due to no throttle response. It has sat for a while on the drive before trying to move it yesterday. I ran out of light last night to check anything at all so any pointers would be appreciated greatly.

G.

Good morning friends,

I'm having a problem with my 1989 560 sel. The car will start and idle no problem but will not Rev at all, it will engage in any gear but only move a couple of inches due to no throttle response. It has sat for a while on the drive before trying to move it yesterday. I ran out of light last night to check anything at all so any pointers would be appreciated greatly.

G.
Hi,

It will be the throttle linkages under the bonnet/in the engine bay. They are proper solid rods not just a cable etc as per other cars. Have a look and you should see them easily.

There's a few of them with joint, spray some lube (ie WD-40/penetrating oil etc) onto them and they should free up.

Afterwards I would grease them properly.

Will

Same advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks for the quick response guys, I will try that later today when I can get to the car.

The linkages are under the airbox, which will need to be removed to do the job properly.

I agree with the others, when I got my SEC the throttle was very sticky and unresponsive at times. When I checked the linkages, they were all gunked up, I used carb cleaner to clean them up and then lube. I read some where that automatic transition fluid is the best lube to use on the linkages...

Glad you got it sorted :) :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom