W126

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
welcome to the world of W126 ownership... fantastic cars, the best built IMO.

I have the original sales brochures some where if you want to know any bits.

Last edited:
I have the original sales brochures some where if you want to know any bits.
thats great thank you... any help would be greatly appreciated! what fitment are the front bulbs to start with? also one of the headlamp wash wipes does not work...... any suggestions

I wouldnt bother with the washers if I were you... They are almost always seized.... If you really want one I may have a good one somewhere.

I wouldnt bother with the washers if I were you... They are almost always seized.... If you really want one I may have a good one somewhere.
awesome... may take you up on that at a decent price ;) haha

Just to clear up one detail. SEL's did NOT all have electric rear seats as standard. Mines one of the very last to be made and I don't have any electric adjustment on the rears seats - I never sit there so its hardly a problem !

My headlamps washers, electric front seats, sunroof and electric steering column all still work too!

Just to clear up one detail. SEL's did NOT all have electric rear seats as standard. Mines one of the very last to be made and I don't have any electric adjustment on the rears seats - I never sit there so its hardly a problem !

My headlamps washers, electric front seats, sunroof and electric steering column all still work too!
Thanks for that info..... mine doesnt have electri rear seats either...!
hmmm.. dont think mines got the electric steering column :dk:..... one of the headlamp washers doesnt work either... but the rest of the electrics work :)

I'm pretty sure you will have electric adjust on your steering column. It's a black switch near your right knee under the column. It only adjusts for reach and not rake. Take a look.

While I remember, other than checking the VIN you can also establish an SE from an SEL with a visual check of the back door. Between the main window & the rear quarterlight if you've just got a strip of chrome, it's an SE. If you've also got a thin strip of body coloured metal located there, then you've got an SEL.

thats really helpful again thank you.... well i havent got the car yet. i pick it up next week..... from the pics ive just had a closer look and i have got the body coloured metal as well as the chroome in between the rear wintdow and quaterlight so it is the SEL also chekced the VIN :) !
i shall defo have a look for the electric steering column when i pick it up as only loked on the left side for it and didnt think it had it.... cheers very much appreciated

It will definitely have an adjustable steering column.

That is a very nice car indeed. Well done.

Well I just looked at my cars added options list and there is no mention of adjustable steering column but my car does have it :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom