W129 CLS55 SBC PROBLEM? GROUPTHINK HELP PLEASE.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Teego

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS55 AMG
So my dash has been throwing up some messages relating to ESP, Speedtronic, SBC Hold, Active Light System. All at once after about 15 minutes driving.
I had my SBC pump replaced about 12 months ago and these messages are similar to the ones I had before it failed.
I can't see any obvious external faults but my SBC unit gets bloody hot. After a 10 minute drive to the shops and back I can't touch it. Still scorching 90 minutes later.
I don't know if this is normal, so can you folk with SBC do a little survey for me before I hit the workshop?
After a drive of whatever length, is your SBC unit hot to touch. Not warm - HOT.
TIA

Same fault messages you had before, and the SBC unit which was replaced to solve the problem is now overheating, and the messages are back? It's fooked. Replace it asap before it lets go completely.

Xentry diagnostics revealed a faulty Steering Angle Sensor.
Now replaced.

I don't like the sound of an SBC unit too hot to touch... Is it still like that?

I don't like the sound of an SBC unit too hot to touch... Is it still like that?
Apparently its within normal limits.

Is that the operating parameters, or the operating temperature? I've had several cars with SBC, and I never noticed the unit was extremely hot. Admittedly I was never looking for it to be, but if it was still very hot ninety minutes after switching off, I'd be wondering why.

Is that the operating parameters, or the operating temperature? I've had several cars with SBC, and I never noticed the unit was extremely hot. Admittedly I was never looking for it to be, but if it was still very hot ninety minutes after switching off, I'd be wondering why.
Dunno but it all checks out on Xentry.

Never mind the 'ins & out's' of an SBC system . Pretty much any hydraulic system (on any type of machinery) that is too hot to touch after 10 min's of operation and is the same and hour after being shut down sound V dodgy to me.

I would like to hear from others on here with ABC systems who have experience of this .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom