w129 enquiry info sl 500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dinoy

MB Enthusiast
Car
mercedes of course
my friend has a problem the bonnet clip pulls out and does not open the bonnet anybody has work around to open bonnet without damaging the grille etc.

also his seats and mirror stopped working are these all on one fuse, where would be located to check, this when we discovered the bonnet does not open, i am assuming fuses are located at the front where the engine is.

any advise given gratefully recieved

got round openning the bonnet by parking on flat land

played around with fuses, the seats are now working.

but the car turns and does start, i think maybe it needs reset, as we were playing with fuses moving them around.

any ideas pls what to do:wallbash:

well i was playing with the fuses got the seats working but now the engine turns but the car does not start.

one of the fuses was out when trying to start earlier i am not sure if it triggered an error it is 1997 sl 500 engine

well i was playing with the fuses got the seats working but now the engine turns but the car does not start.

one of the fuses was out when trying to start earlier i am not sure if it triggered an error it is 1997 sl 500 engine

i also swapped seat memory fuse with roll over bar, once put ignition on, it then light up the roll bar, so i swapped with fuse no 10 and proceeded to start the car, after that the car would not start, i have now taken battery head i will leave it for 10 mins to see if it resets, i am unsure if this works on w129 or it would need hard reset

now there is beeping and the dash is lit like xmas tree, any ideas

It sounds to me like you need to plug this into a Star to get an idea what is going on.

It sounds like you may now have a short circuit somewhere.

an indi said to leave to cold and try in the morning otherwise it short circuit as u say spike

Disconnect the battery overnight also. How is the charge on the battery by the way? Possible with all the farting about the voltage has dropped below an acceptable level.

Disconnect the battery overnight also. How is the charge on the battery by the way? Possible with all the farting about the voltage has dropped below an acceptable level.

engine turns does that means battery is low, how can i test the battery, i will take the battery head off overnight, although the xmas dash lighting with battery disconnected for 30 mins

just noticed the when openning the door the window does not go down 1 cm i do not know if this indicating anything

Last edited:
Sounds like it needs a good workover on the electrics. Check all the fuses and clean the connections on the fusebox.

Sounds like it needs a good workover on the electrics. Check all the fuses and clean the connections on the fusebox.

this what i did i took all fuses off and back on pressed them down hard but nothing seems to works, the car inside keeps on beebing i wonder if anything to do with roll over bar, i am leaving overnight without battery connection and see tomorrow what happens.:wallbash:

I see it's a '97, like mine. Some errors need clearing via STAR ... I tried the battery disconnect overnight on mine once and it made no difference at all.

That was after low voltage had raised error codes on the windows and roll bar (both of which were actually fine).

overnight with battery disconnected did not work, need reset anybody know reasonable change in or around nw2 or somebody coming this way pls:wallbash:

Give Martin a call at Finch motor's in Brentford. Probably best to get the car to him if you have home start recovery or something.

a friend has arranged for somebody who has star machine to come tomorrow to find out what the problem is and if reset of errors would do it, or there is a short somewhere

Good luck, a star machine will likely give you some decent clues. If your friend has some experience of translating the riddles star sometimes produces then you should hopefully get to the bottom of things.

Hopefully its something simple like a flat battery or earth strap.

Good luck, a star machine will likely give you some decent clues. If your friend has some experience of translating the riddles star sometimes produces then you should hopefully get to the bottom of things.

Hopefully its something simple like a flat battery or earth strap.
i hope and wish fingers crossed

a star reset and several fuses required changes, only thing when openning doors, the windows do not drop 1cm not sure what that means if any info on that fault will be appreciated.

thanks for all the help

Sounds good. The windows can be reset by lowering fully and raising fully a couple of times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom