w129 ignition problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

michaelk3289

Car
2007 W211 E280 CDI Avantgarde
Hi there, i'm presently experiencing problems with my car when starting. On some occasions the dashboard is completely dead when you turn the key to the last position before starting. Sometimes it is flashing on and off and sometimes it starts as normal. If you jiggle the key in the ighition barrel when it plays up this tends to send it into action. However the car completely died while i was driving on the open road, i stopped, put it into park turned the car off and restarted and off we went.Spoken to a few mechanics and other owners and the general opinin is that the ignition barrel maybe worn.

Can anyone shed some light on this?.

i am listing this problem for a friend thanks

Sl Ignition problem

I have the same problem, turn the key on and dash is dead. Ive found that putting my foot on the brake pedal brings it back to life, i know other owners with the same problem, surely somebody here has had this fault cured????

mine the engine keep running even after switching the key to off position and remove it . any suggestion please

what is the rpm on the engine when u stop idle before trying to switch off, usually the car is over revving and to stop car need to back fire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom