w140 7ltr Amg v12

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Given that not so long ago, 4star classics were offering the MBWorld exhibit car for less than half that, I'm inclined to agree.

It may well be genuine, but why put Ebay style AMG stickers on the engine?

This one, sold in the UK in 2014 for a lot less, doesn't have any:

Mercedes S70 AMG - SPRZEDANY - Gie?da klasyków

PS Post crossed with Doodle -- the Polish site has pics of the 4Star Classic car.

Last edited:
It may well be genuine, but why put Ebay style AMG stickers on the engine?

Possibly to balance out the ones he stuck on the dashboard trim.

The one in your link 'looked' to be much cleaner and original car.

Given that not so long ago, 4star classics were offering the MBWorld exhibit car for less than half that, I'm inclined to agree.

Prices have changed a lot since so 40k might not be as much as some think
Look at the E60s for example,their prices have doubled/tripled over the last three years

That is true, but arguably the 124s have a significantly larger cult following, which will always drive the prices up.

I hate the V12 badge on the rear quarter. It looks like a Chav ad on. I know it's not but really does look like an afterthought.

Naff

This might be a great car, and something that will eventually wend its way into a museum.... but what a case study in how not to sell a car for £40k?

If the seller put as much thought into looking after, fettling and preparing the car as she did in doing those photos, it's something well avoided.

That car would look far more plausible, properly detailed and photographed sitting on a driveway in the Bishops Avenue.

Uber-Mafia staff car, with just a little tasteless bling to set it off. If you want to be noticed, but not seen, it would be just the job. I wonder (genuinely) if it was once owned by a Yakuza boss.

Last edited:
I hate the V12 badge on the rear quarter. It looks like a Chav ad on. I know it's not but really does look like an afterthought.

Its mounted too high, all others photo'd with that badge have it in line with the the chrome? trim at the bottom of the side windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom