W140 Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've had mine since 1998 when I bought it new.

Hi Vinny,

I would PM you but as new member you don't yet have that facility.

I notice you've had your W140 since new so you can offer a unique perspective and possibly help me. I'm looking for brochures/price lists specifically to do with the W140 Business Edition. When you bought yours did you remember picking up a leaflet or pamphlet about it? Do you have any brochures or price-lists that mention the Business Edition in them? How was the Business Edition promoted to you i.e. did you go in for a standard W140 and get offered a Business Edition instead? I've searched high and low and have both the UK 1997 and 1998 W140 brochures and neither mentions this special edition.

Last edited:
...perhaps no specific literature was produced for it?

Many thanks Grober for the links.

Its weird because I have two 190LEs and brochures for those crop fairly often on Ebay.

However, for the Business Edition I can find no such literature at all, not even a leaflet or a mention in the brochure for that model year. I haven't been able to get hold of a MY1998 W140 price-list so it might well be mentioned in there.

Vinny purchased his Business Edition new so hopefully he sees this thread.

Hi

I'm sorry but I don't have any specific brochures or leaflets for the business edition. I actually went to buy a normal w140 and they had this one as a demo and I ended up purchasing it. It was the best decision I ever made. But if you want to come and see it your most welcome. I don't think they ever made any special pamphlets for the business edition as it was only released for a few months with only a few ever made from the end of 1998 to beginning of 1999. Think it was from oct 98 to feb 99 as the w220 was released in mar 99.

Thanks

Hi Vinny,

Many thanks for clearing that up. I suspect then that there was no special leaflet produced for this edition. It must have just been offered to customers (as it was to you) at the time of ordering.

I think for me, any engine is fine, as its a cruiser not a racer.

+1 :thumb: Here's a few pictures of my LWB 320 to tease you boy's

image_zps3aad8440.jpg

image_zps369c4096.jpg

image_zps7ef0368b.jpg

image_zpsfb0466c9.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys
Right,i'm itching to break the news...i've just bought a w140 s320 business edition. Photos and details will follow. I cant believe 8 months ago i was driving around in a nissan almera. Now i own a w202 and a w140.

S500 is still the benchmark car for me.

Always fancied an S class never bit the bullet. Now the new coupe is out maybe next time :)

Congrats on your new purchase Saqib.

I agree with Tan. It's nice to have a decent size engine for the power but then bear in mind these are very big luxury cruisers, so it's always better to buy one that's very well looked after and with a good spec so that can be enjoyed more than trying to race around in one. Any luck in finding a decent one yet??

Have to be honest mate if I was looking for an S class regardless of condition an S280 would not be on on radar at all. Should never have been fitted to the car. I've driving a 320 and that was gutless enough. Gotta be a V8 + in my humble opinion.

I bought a S280 with 78K miles and little if any rust. I paid £600. I dont see why so many people are fussed about performance. Are you really going to chuck a 140 sideways around every corner? I have a W210 E55 for that!

TVjVleY.jpg

Hi guys
Right,i'm itching to break the news...i've just bought a w140 s320 business edition. Photos and details will follow. I cant believe 8 months ago i was driving around in a nissan almera. Now i own a w202 and a w140.

Welcome to the Business Edition club. I have one too. Please do post some pictures up when you have a moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom