W140 auto locking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Llewelyn

Car
S210 320CDi D6
Anyone know how to stop a 97 W140 from auto locking when you drive off?

I would RTFM but it's in Portuguese and for the wrong car :D

Almost certainly in the Convenience settings in the instrument cluster accessed using the steering wheel buttons (usually the ones on the left.

Google it and there will almost certainly be a video showing you how somewhere :)

Almost certainly in the Convenience settings in the instrument cluster accessed using the steering wheel buttons (usually the ones on the left.

I'm not sure a 140 would have any of the above. Try holding down the central locking switch for 5 seconds.

I believe the automated locking on driving off was only introduced in the later years 98-99 ?? It is activated by a vehicle speed signal- accounts vary as to what MPH that is 6-10 mph? Certain CL settings can be reset by depressing the CL locking switch on the centre console for 5+ seconds - might be worth a try?

There are no steering wheel buttons and menus and stuff. Yes, it's speed related, and likely about 10 km/h. I'll have a look in some of the manuals I downloaded, which although for other models, should be the same in this respect. Car is a late 1997.

well in case anyone's watching, the answer is indeed the locking switch on the dash. Hold "lock" for 5 seconds plus to enable auto-locking, and hold "unlock" for 5 seconds plus to disable it.

Also, following the instructions, can switch from 2-stage to 1-stage unlock on remote, so all good :D

Why do you want it off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom