W140 CL 500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That looks beautiful, it’s still a car I lust over and plan on owning one day, sadly since I got the retro BMW a few months back after missing out on one of these, I’m in no position to add another car to my mini collection just yet. Will keep an aye on it though, shame there is no info on it!

lI couldn't remember who mentioned hankering after one recently @ChrisCLS55! The seller seems to have an endless supply of mint examples of classics, normally very few owners, low mileage, cherished ones!

lI couldn't remember who mentioned hankering after one recently @ChrisCLS55! The seller seems to have an endless supply of mint examples of classics, normally very few owners, low mileage, cherished ones!

That would be me, does the seller have a website? The ad listing gives no info on the car. It does look based on pics alone, a very nice car indeed. I do love a MB coupe.

Not as far as I know. It is not uncommon for the seller to list the cars without a description, but one always follows a few days later. It is normally a very detailed, lengthy one at that. So if you 'watch' his item and check on it in a couple of days, it may have the description updated.

Reactions: SG1
The presentation on his cars is incredible. He's even refinished the steering wheel. I suspect the photos are taken with a funky camera lens.

I would much rather buy the car in its original state for a lot less.

The presentation on his cars is incredible. He's even refinished the steering wheel. I suspect the photos are taken with a funky camera lens.

If the steering wheel has been done I guess the drivers seat has been too as it looks very fresh for 145k miles

I know the seller, met him before as he bought a few parts for a W124 coupe from me. Nice guy, he buys well maintained/good examples improves them and sells them on. I'd certainly buy a car from him!

Interesting to know, SG. I have found myself watching his great examples on Ebay for a good few years now.
I assumed he must work at a dealership and have the pick of the crop of aged but excellent PX'd cars.

He always uses the same location in the hi-res photos. Does he live there? Plenty of 'location subterfuge' with Ebay car dealers (my pet hate)

Not as far as I know. It is not uncommon for the seller to list the cars without a description, but one always follows a few days later. It is normally a very detailed, lengthy one at that. So if you 'watch' his item and check on it in a couple of days, it may have the description updated.

‘thanks and yeah just read the info, again it looks superb. I’ll be interested to see what it goes for!

Interesting to know, SG. I have found myself watching his great examples on Ebay for a good few years now.
I assumed he must work at a dealership and have the pick of the crop of aged but excellent PX'd cars.

He always uses the same location in the hi-res photos. Does he live there? Plenty of 'location subterfuge' with Ebay car dealers (my pet hate)

I'm not sure if he lives there or not as he's only ever been to visit me and not the other way round.
I don't know where he finds the cars but he certainly seems to source good examples of models that are usually in poor or well used condition now!

It is in glorious condition, but to confirm your suspicion, if you look at how clean and bright everything is in the background, you'll get an indication of how he/she has brightened up the photos generally. That said, fabulous condition at first glance.

Would love to see how it drives and what lies beneath.

That looks beautiful, it’s still a car I lust over and plan on owning one day, sadly since I got the retro BMW a few months back after missing out on one of these, I’m in no position to add another car to my mini collection just yet. Will keep an aye on it though, shame there is no info on it!
What retro bmw do you have :cool:

What retro bmw do you have :cool:

‘93 520i Auto, white. Loving it, nearly 5k I’ve put on it since middle of August, now my daily, 180 to insure for the year, cost me 2k. I’m 4th owner, now 70k miles, all original. Was going to spend 9k on a W140 before I got it, but the dealer had sold it. I’ll keep it until it dies and will maintain it as long as it costs reasonable money to do so, which I think it will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom