W140 CL Coupe Parcel Shelf Removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S11YBM

Car
83 500SL, 84 500SEC AMG, 84 500SEC, 84 500SE AMG, 97 CL500, 04 CL500
Does anyone happen to have a set of instructions on how to remove the parcel shelf on a W140 Couple pls?

Cheers
Shyam

If its anything like a W202, it will be a case of removing the C-Pillar trim, the rear seats, the high level brakelight.

Then it should pull out.

If its anything like a W202, it will be a case of removing the C-Pillar trim, the rear seats, the high level brakelight.

Then it should pull out.
Thanks for the speedy reply! I believe the C-Pillar trims do need to come off, but unsure how to remove them without breaking the clips. I wonder if there is a trick!

They will be held on tight with Metal clips (this was before plastic cost cutting!) - they will fly off at great speed, or bend. Putting it back together will be the hard part :)

You will also need to disconnect the rear headrests dont forget!

May I ask what you are doing? Speaker upgrade?

They will be held on tight with Metal clips (this was before plastic cost cutting!) - they will fly off at great speed, or bend. Putting it back together will be the hard part :)

You will also need to disconnect the rear headrests dont forget!

May I ask what you are doing? Speaker upgrade?

I shall give this a try.

I had air suspension fitted and during the process it seems like one of the speaker cables has shorted (the compressor was mounted under the parcel shelf in the boot) and therefore none work. So I need to remove the parcel shelf to check the wires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom