w140 relays.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smoothcoupe

Car
MERCEDES E55K-2001 AUDI S8-MERCEDES 300CE 24V SPORTLINE
hi can anyone please tell me where the relays are located on my 1993 500 coupe as the indicators and hazards are not working... ive tried the fuses all look good.

Not sure on a 140 - on a 124 they are behind the fuse box under a cover. About 4 screws hold the cover in place after you have removed the fuse bix cover - thats if they are the same. I had the relay go on my w124; they are not cheap from MB; may be worth a look on ebay but be aware that they do fail so a used one may be false economy. Sometimes a temp repair can be effected by wiggling the relay in its pins - in my case I got it going by wedging a piece of cardboard box between the relay and the housing until the new relay arrived.

Not sure on a 140 - on a 124 they are behind the fuse box under a cover. About 4 screws hold the cover in place after you have removed the fuse bix cover - thats if they are the same. I had the relay go on my w124; they are not cheap from MB; may be worth a look on ebay but be aware that they do fail so a used one may be false economy. Sometimes a temp repair can be effected by wiggling the relay in its pins - in my case I got it going by wedging a piece of cardboard box between the relay and the housing until the new relay arrived.

i had a problem with my relay - i went to have a look (to wiggle it around to see if i can fix it), noticed that the relay cover was half loose and not screwed down properly. I screwed it down and hasnt had the problem since. i have no idea when or why the screws were loose but it had just got back from the garage who i reckon had opened it as i'm usually quite good on noticing these things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom