W140 Remote Central Locking Not Working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Anesh

Hello, I have a 1995 S420 W140 and today I was unable to open the car through the remote. At first I thought the batteries in my remote had gone flat as for the past few days the red and green warning lights used to flash simultaneously when I opened the car. I changed the batteries and tried again. Now although the green or red light would only flash when I press the remote, the doors would still not open.

I then opened the car with the key (drivers side) and still the rest of the car would not open. The switch in the interior can shut the doors but not open them. The petrol flap is shut and the boot also and I cannot open it with the key.

Looking through the forum I have heard the mention of the PSE pump failing but if this were the case would the switch inside not be able to shut the doors? Also I have read that the PSE pump also controls the lumbar support but these are working still.

I am hoping it is just the fuse but cannot get into the boot, will have to wait until Monday to see if a mechanic friend can open it. In the meantime any ideas from you guys? Responses and help would be greatfully appreciated,

Anesh.

Possibly as simple as a split lock diaphragm leaking air pressure away. Doesn't the boot still have a regular key lock and release button on a W140..

Possibly as simple as a split lock diaphragm leaking air pressure away. Doesn't the boot still have a regular key lock and release button on a W140..

Hello Dieselman, how do I go about checking this, is it best if I first get a diagnostic check done (will have to wait until Monday for this)? I have tried the boot with the key, it fits in but will not turn and I do not want to force it.

Hello, just to let you know I had the car looked at and it turned out to be the PSE pump which was at fault. The mechanic repaired it but did say he did not know how long the repair would last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom