W140 S320 - twin horns ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Netrix

Car
Mercedes ML420 2008
Hi all - this should be an easy one for you ;)

Last night whilst driving home I had the urge to let another road user know how I felt, with a long press on my horn - oo er !! (for "road user" read inconsiderate, dangerous plank")

It was a bit of an anti climax as I only got about a second of a "hoot" ..... then silence. Parking the car up I realised that the rear park assist sensors were out too so I presumed a fuse had blown. A quick fiddle in the fuse box and all is now well except that my horn now sounds different :confused:. I'm almost certain I had twin horns and now it sounds like a single one. I'm reluctant to give a long press as I'm sure it was the current drain of the single horn that blew the fuse, and It was a bit of a nightmare reversing without the reassuring "beep beep" !

I'm at work and can't physically check for a couple of days but does my prognosis sound feasible ? and can one of you confirm that my big "old girl" should indeed have twin hooters !!

Many thanks in advance.

Netrix

Had a look but still confused ?

It's the offside horn that is working but as mentioned before it's very dull sounding.

After do a little online research I expected to find the nearside horn in the area below the headlamp, behind the bumper - but I can't see it :(

I've had a good look, the offside horn is easy enough to spot, has anyone got ant tips/pointers or diagrams of where I should be looking ?

Could it be that I don't have twin horns and the one I see is faulty ? It looks damn hard to get to !! Probably have to have the bumper off by the looks of things.

Regards

Netrix

You should have two, one either side of the bumper like in my W202 I expect. I only found that I had one horn working (a camp little toot) so I fitted a nice big hella the other side. Masculinity restored!:bannana:

I only found that I had one horn working (a camp little toot)
:D That just about sums it up !!

I'll have a better look tomorrow - Can anyone confirm that I should be able to remove the front bumber on my own ? I've read somewhere it's just 4 bolts and Bobs your uncle.... I doubt it will be that easy :confused:.

You shouldn't need to remove the bumper, just the undertray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom