W140 Speed signal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Car
SL500 Silver Arrow
Hiya,

I have just got a Becker Indianapolis SatNav for my W140 500SEL ('93) and I was wondering if anyone knows if the there is a GAL/Speed signal from factory on the W140?

many thanks.
Banjo.

Thanks Andy,

It has cruise, I am not sure about the electronic speedo (but will check).

Is it likely to be pre-wired (if so, is that pin 1 on the connector block?) or will I have to pick it up from the loom (if so, any ideas where the best place is to pick up from? colour of wire? etc?).

many thanks

Banjo.

on my E320 and a 190E I've looked at the wire was a green and yellow striped one at the cruise unit and rear of the dash.

On some cars the wire is grey at the back of the stereo

HTH

Andy

on my E320 and a 190E I've looked at the wire was a green and yellow striped one at the cruise unit and rear of the dash.

On some cars the wire is grey at the back of the stereo

HTH

Andy

Thanks Andy, that is a great help! I will let you know what I find.

Banjo.

Just been looking at a 140070 car, inside the Base module and I saw the speed signal does go into that box onto the 16/1 module. This is the box with the diagnosis plug.

Cool! thanks Malcolm. For diagnosis plug you mean the OBD plug? Did you see the colour of the wire by any chance?

BTW the Indianapolis is a really nice single DIN headunit. I bought it to replace of the Blaupunkt CD changer and connect the ipod. The Nav is very similar to the Audio 30 APS in the SL, which is rather good. I just wish Becker did a DAB headunit or add-on module though!

Cool! thanks Malcolm. For diagnosis plug you mean the OBD plug? Did you see the colour of the wire by any chance?

BTW the Indianapolis is a really nice single DIN headunit. I bought it to replace of the Blaupunkt CD changer and connect the ipod. The Nav is very similar to the Audio 30 APS in the SL, which is rather good. I just wish Becker did a DAB headunit or add-on module though!

Sorry did not see that, I was looking for something else, As Andy K says they are green and white and they are often in the passenger side kick panel at the bottom

If you cant find I will look again next week

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom