W140 Wiper Blades - where from ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Netrix

Car
Mercedes ML420 2008
Hi all - serial lurker here, only one previous thread, but I have a flick through the forums almost daily, very informative to say the least !

On to my problem -

I urgently need some new wiper blades for the car [1998 W140 S320 :rock: ] but due to work commitments I'm unable to visit any dealerships or branches of Halfords etc. Therefore I'm left with online purchasing.

Trouble is I have no idea of the size of the blades that I require and after a 20 minute surf this morning I cannot find a web site to "walk me though" finding the correct ones either, so........

1) Can someone tell me the size of the blades ?

2) Can someone recommend a particular type/make of blade ?

3) Any good websites to purchase the aforementioned blades, preferably with lightning fast delivery times :)

Thanks in advance for any help,

size i believe is:

1x 24"
1x 28"

size i believe is:

1x 24"
1x 28"

If it is possible to get the retrofit Aerotwin ones I would recommend them, not only would they freshen up the look but also perform better.

Might be worth asking the ebay seller if he does those sizes.

Last edited:
If it is possible to get the retrofit Aerotwin ones I would recommend them, not only would they freshen up the look but also perform better.

i think he does. search his listings/shop for W140

i think he does. search his listings/shop for W140

I've searched for W140 but alas no joy. I would order the 24" and 28" but to quote below:
size i believe is:

1x 24"
1x 28"

It's the "believe" bit I'm worried about - can anybody confirm these sizes :confused:

I would measure them myself bus as previously mentioned, I'm away on a training course - no car :mad:.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Thanks for the help fellas - I found a parked up S-Class and measured the wipers, you were correct !

24" & 28" Aerotwins winding their way to me as we "speak" :)

Thanks for the help fellas - I found a parked up S-Class and measured the wipers, you were correct !

24" & 28" Aerotwins winding their way to me as we "speak" :)

Good stuff glad you got them ordered with the right sizes. Did you order of ebay from that seller ?

Sure did :) I'm not a lover of Ebay but as SilverSaloon has used this one I've taken a punt !

the one i got was a single wiper (for the W124) and seems fine. make sure when you get it put it on and then find out any 'blank spots' where it doesnt quite reach the screen and then bend it a bit so it does. then you should get excellent cover. not squeeky either.

i will definatly be getting one for my other car when i need one (but it had a new wiper when i bought it so doesnt need one yet)

Oh Dear !

Thanks for all the advice but I still have problems !!

I have taken delivery of the retro fit Aero blades as mentioned earlier on in this thread, but the clip on the new wiper is too narrow for the arm of the S Class :mad:

Are there any W140 owners that have replaced their wiper blades or rubbers that can give me a heads up on a supplier ?

The MB link above lists two blades for the W140 but no mention of size or viewable pictures, just the part numbers and a cost of £100 for the pair :eek:

Thanks for all the advice but I still have problems !!

I have taken delivery of the retro fit Aero blades as mentioned earlier on in this thread, but the clip on the new wiper is too narrow for the arm of the S Class :mad:

If you let the seller know this im sure he will send you the correct replacements should he have them in stock.

or try

/Users/Picture 2.png

Last edited:
If you let the seller know this im sure he will send you the correct replacements should he have them in stock.

Yep, done that and he says they are all universal fit.

Off to try Euro Parts...............

Edit:
Looks like I'll have to fork out for the MB ones - Euro Car Parts are out of stock (they didn't mention that they were Bosch anyway) and I've had no luck Googling for new wiper blades...

Thanks for your help peeps :)

Last edited:
help..my wipers are stuck!

ok i have had a numpty moment. all this talk about blades i went and changed mine, however lifted up the arm and click.... locked in vertical....sigh. please how do you return it to normal?

Went to buy mine from Halfrauds and they were £23 for Bosch, purchased from MB for £16 and supplied Bosch, when checked they were the same part. Will always get genuine in future as not always dearest part.

sorry looks like i gave you bad advice Netrix :( - the ones i got for the W124 were a perfect fit.

best try a MB dealer then.

It's not hard, Always go for Bosch. Shop around but still go for Bosch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom