w153 high beams issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wolfie665

Car
Mercedes ML 270 CDI
Hi,

on my 2004 w163 ML 270CDI the high beams are turning on randomly, even though the switch is on low beams or on auto. After I switch off the lights completely I can go again on on low beams and it stays on low for some time. Than again high beams are on themself.

I appreciate any help how to fix that.

Last edited:
Probably a failing switch pack. (it could be other things, but worth starting there)

Richard

Probably a failing switch pack. (it could be other things, but worth starting there)

Richard

Thank you Richard, unfortunately local garage already has changed the head stalk on the steering wheel with new one from Mercedes and still the issue remains...

Firstly, I assume the blue main beam light is coming on, and that you do not have Bi-Xenons which work very differently

Theres a fusebox in one of the footwells. Relay K6 is the relay for High Beam. When it is stuck on, pull out the relay. The should go off at this point.

Plug relay back in again, if they don't come back on again, buy a new relay. If they do come back on again, then it is being powered from the All Activity Module. So either this is failing (possible), or something (the switch , or a short circuit in the wiring) is telling it to turn on the relay to turn on the lights

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom