W163: 270CDI Any tutorial on how to change the plastic fuel lines?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DexterML

Car
W163 ML270
Hi all
There are two pipes which go under the pump at the front of the engine, which I have no idea how to remove. Also the plug to the pump seems to have a white sealant applied to it which makes me think I need to apply that to, and I have no idea what kind of sealant that is. Are there any tutorials on how to change these?

Plastic fuel lines usually have a clip that locks them in place, these can become very brittle after a while so I am guessing the sealant has been used to secure them in place because the clips have broken.

Plastic fuel lines usually have a clip that locks them in place, these can become very brittle after a while so I am guessing the sealant has been used to secure them in place because the clips have broken.
I suspect any manual will tell you -fitting is the reverse of removal !

I suspect any manual will tell you -fitting is the reverse of removal !
Thank you, could you point me to one? The online EPC is a bit confusing as I don't really recognise my car's configuration in it.
I have also done the usual Google and Youtube searches and haven't found anything helpful.

Have a look on Youtube. For example this video shows a mechanic removing the fuel lines to the low pressure fuel pump at around the 4:30 mark on a 4 cylinder cdi engine.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Have a look on Youtube. For example this video shows a mechanic removing the fuel lines to the low pressure fuel pump at around the 4:30 mark on a 4 cylinder cdi engine.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thanks, this actually helps, although now I am doubting if the MB parts guy ordered the right pipes for me..... oh dear.

Guys, I know my questions are naive and simplistic, but I really could use some help.
Sorry I was being sarcastic, that reply didn’t help you at all did it ?

Sorry I was being sarcastic, that reply didn’t help you at all did it ?
Hi, no it didn't. Sorry I was too tired to notice actually. It makes sense now.

Last edited:
Pump low pressure lines are hold by one bolt and holderplate.

Double memorize which order they are. You will put them wrong 85% probability (even it should be 50-50) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom