W163 Alloy Identify

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RichM63

Car
ML320
Hello, can anyone identify this alloy wheel? The set are 18" and are fitted to my ML320, 255/55/R18/109V.

As can be seen they have surface corrosion but I'm trying to work out whether they are worth refurbing +- £250-£300 the set, or simply buy another set.

I've googled and searched through 100s of pictures but I can't find a match.

Any help much appreciated.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20160120_104802_resized_2.jpg
    20160120_104802_resized_2.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 34
Lack of AMG lettering might suggest "copies"???

Except for the corrosion..do they work?

Is £200-£300 cheaper than a new set?

You know what to do.

They work, and were in use as a DD from the lady I bought the car from. I too think copy, but copy of what? All the AMG alloys I've looked at have different spokes.

Price wise refurbing the set is of course cheaper than replacing.

I just can't find any original 5 spoke split rims with solid single tapering spokes, to go off.

Cheers,
Rich

I don't think they're a copy of a specific wheel. Just in the generic style of a Mercedes/AMG wheel.

The only 2-piece AMG wheels for ML were 19" wheels that looked like this:

1026.jpg

What you have is a copy of the original AMG Styling III wheel that looks like this:

Wheels%20-%20AMG%20W215%20Style3%2019in%202pc.jpg

Problem is Styling III has never been made for ML and these being copies were more than likely made for a saloon with half ML's weight. I'd swap them for original ML wheels - there should be plenty available second hand.

Last edited:
Thanks every one, they sure do look like AMG 111 style as per pics above. :)

In the short term, I'll get them fettled and maybe put some mud or snow tyres on them, then sort a set of Summer OEM rated road wheels for 'most' driving.

Thanks again,
Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom