W163 Auto Lock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLKKOMP

Does the ML have the ablity to the lock the doors after the journey has started like the w203 or w209??

Thanks
Neil

The 2002 facelift does (indicators in the mirrors) - its enabled by some strange holding down of un-obvious buttons - but it is in the manual

I have some recollection that pre 2002 can be enabled by the dealer - but not quite sure

Cheers

Richard

it can be done on the pre facelift too... its ignition on and hold down the lock button on the dash for 10 secs from memory..

so as mine is a 54 plate it should be cool, im collecting it on monday, is there any other tricks??

My 04 ML does this anyway...no need to 'ask it' to with button/ignition fiddling

My 04 ML does this anyway...no need to 'ask it' to with button/ignition fiddling

These cars can be programmed either way, if your car had been set in a way that doors would not lock automatically, you too would need to "ask it" with "fiddling the buttons".

The advice above was assuming the feature had been set off.

By the way, I always switch it off, in our traffic I don't need auto locks and I don't like the "extra, useless activity". So it is good that this time MB allows each one their own preference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom