W163 Brake Booster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Theshark180

Car
Mercedes ML 320
Hi Guys and Gals,
I have a 1999 W163 Mercedes ML320 lpg converted. It is my baby but now is starting to cost me serious money! Having had 4 steering racks fitted in past few months (3 reconditioned racks were faulty after a few weeks, which was great if I only wanted to turn right!) I then discovered that the sills were rotten and purchased new one ready to be done and then I got the dreaded hissing from the brake pedal. True to form I googled and researched it and managed to get a new seal kit from America. Managed to remove the brake booster with no real issues, removed and replaced the seal which looked good when done. Put everything back together and now the vehicle starts and runs very lumpy like a bag of spanners! I am sure I put everything back as it was. No hissing anymore but on testing the booster the brake pedal does not go down slightly when pressed and ignition switched on. Does this mean that the booster is cattled or is some kind person going to point out that I have watched Ed China too much and forgotten something? I know that the vacuum can affect the running of the engine but after 6 hrs at it now thought I'd better ask for help!
Thanks in anticipation.
Cheers
John

Managed to sort out my vacuum leak and cured the lumpy running now. Only problem I have now is that after fitting the brake booster the linkage to the pedal is about 5mm short. This means that in order to line up the holes the pedal is slightly depressed meaning that the brake lights (not the brakes) are stuck on. After researching You Tube etc I am told that by screwing the link anti clockwise a few times this will increase the length but this simply is not the case and I cant find any adjustment on the brake light switch either? Any help wouold really bve appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation.
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom