W163 CDI fuel tank connections O rings?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

miggit

Car
2000 ML270CDI Manual
Hi all I'm hoping that some nice peep can help me with my air in the fuel line problem.
All the O rings under the bonnet have been changed, but I'm still getting air in the lines... so it's got to be at the tank connection!
From what I understand the fuel lines are both flexi and steel and it is where these join the problem occurs. But as they are covered by the tank there is no way to get at them. So I'm thinking of running a new rubber fuel line from the tank to the steel pipe at an accessible point. That is easy (famous last words!) The problem arises at the tank connection... what to do?

The O rings in the fitting will be shot, but I can't find any reference to the size... all I know is there are 2 in each fitting and they are different colours! Is there a way to ensure that I get a sealed connection without having to take it all apart measure up and wait for bits to arrive... I'd rather get all tooled up and remove the seat once!

Is there a cheap petrol ML fuel line that can be cut up and used to connect to the tank? All the parts lists that I've seen only show the steel lines for the Diesel engine and not the flexi's, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to which pipes are needed and if they are get-at-able...

Or better still could I just ditch all the Mercedes plastic tat and use another push fit elbow / hose connector, if so what size and where do they hide!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom