W163, changed fuel filter now engine won't start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DexterML

Car
W163 ML270
Hi all

Well, as per title, I changed the fuel filter, I filled it up with fuel as much as I could from the inlet hose.

(The car was starting fine before that (surprisingly) ... I put the inlet and outlet hose back as fast as I could and cranked the engine. It won't do anything. I can see the feeder pipe to the pump is not getting any fuel. It is dry.

I tried maybe 6 or 7 times to crank the engine but nothing... now my battery is almost dead and I am not sure what to do. I filled the filter with fuel a bit more, I can see the outlet point overflowing a bit and then when I connect the hose and crank it dries out but there is no more fuel running through the pump hose.
Is there a way to manually prime the pump on an W163 ML 270 ?

thanks

This might sound stupid but are the filters directional as some cars are

I would suggest that if your battery is week after seven cranks, you either need a new battery or a good charge. A slow crank probably isn’t good enough to deliver the required supply. (Assuming Spider’s point has been checked).

I would suggest that if your battery is week after seven cranks, you either need a new battery or a good charge. A slow crank probably isn’t good enough to deliver the required supply. (Assuming Spider’s point has been checked).

Hello
I got the exact same filter and fitted exactly the same way. So it is not the direction. Yeah the car has been sitting a lot lately, It had other issues. That is why the battery is a bit weak.

This might sound stupid but are the filters directional as some cars are
I got the same filter and fitted it exactly the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom