W163 Ice Cream Van Horn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ALB1

Car
ML270
Not a verry interesting post

Can anyone tell me why they put a girly meepmeep horn on a big vehicle like th ML also any ideas on what horn to replace them with? looking for a deep manly horn for the ML

Google Stebel Nautilus.
That should do the trick AND put manly hairs on your chest.

As Ted suggests, the Nautilus is a good choice, I replaced my horns on my Touareg with one (a well known issue with them). The horn on my old Unimog was laughable, it sounded like the roadrunner!

camerafodder said:
As Ted suggests, the Nautilus is a good choice, I replaced my horns on my Touareg with one (a well known issue with them). The horn on my old Unimog was laughable, it sounded like the roadrunner!

My old boss had a Unimog, the horn was comical! Amazing vehicles though

If it helps any the horn on our big butch Vito is also pretty weedy!

I only recall using it twice in over 8 years though, so haven't bothered changing it so far.

Maybe they go for a softer sound so the big bad SUV is perceived to be meek and mild. Ten years or so ago, SUVs were disliked - or dare I say it hated - by many.

Fortunately that seems to have passed. The "haters" probably drive SUVs too these days given how many there are on the road now!

Id love to have a horn as featured in the old Laural & Hardy films. I'd fit one to my Transit van tomorrow if someone makes them.

Ant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom