W163 Indicators wont flash when locking car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MOZ

Car
W163 ML270 Inspiration, Leon Cupra TDI
Hi Guy's,
Before you jump on me, I have done a lot of research on this, there are clearly loads of posts on this forum and others about similar symptoms to mine but no clear solution.

So here goes.

My car has been fine from the day I bought it (last October), recently I noticed that when locking the car, I no longer get the 3 flashes of the indcators ( to confirm the alarm is set) this used to work - to make things slightly more complicated I do get the 3 flashes every now and again (maybe 1 in 10 times the car is locked).

One other thing to note is that I always get a single flash of the indicators when unlocking the car (even if I didn't get the 3 when locking).

I have checked and the red flashing LED near the stereo, does flash as expected when locked, and I have checked whether the alarm is armed and it is - the alarm goes off when I do the usual forced entry leaving the window open, or even locking it while sat in the car and opening the door.

Everything seems to work as expected apart from me not getting the 3 flashes.

I have checked the locks and as far as I can tell there is nothing untoward, all doors, boot and bonnet are locked, also as far as I understand it if it were a lock sensor not working, I would expect the alarm not to arm at all no LED flashing and no siren, but as far as I can tell, everything is working perfectly apart from the 3 flash confirmation (which works every now and again).

one other bit of info that may spark an idea is that I recently replaced my battery (I did follow the instructions so hopefully haven't wiped out my AAM or SAM - may possibly have done something? I didn't have to do any resynching - do you think it may be some sort of resynching issue? the thing that put me off was the fact everything seemed to work fine.

Does anyone know if there is a relay or something between the alarm and the indicators that may be loose or intermittent?

I'm not too worried as everything seems to be working, just an irritation that I know its not quite doing what it should.
Thanks for reading, and any ideas will be appreciated.
Moz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom