W163 ML 270CDI inlet manifold repair?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

myellow

Car
ML 270CDI
I have a small oil leak (an annoying drip or two each day making a mess of my drive!) my local MB garage (Hertford) tells me it is the inlet manifold that needs replacing. However, the cost quoted at an MB garage doesn't seem worthwhile for the age, 2005.

Does anyone know whether there is someone in the Herts, Beds, Bucks area that can perform the job independently - happy for a recon unit to be used to keep costs down. I found a guy in Somerset that can supply a recon unit for £90, but I just need someone to perform the job that's more local.

Even someone in the N London area??

Thanks
DB

Must try Wayne Gates in Harrow (020 8863 9233).

See all the recommendations on this forum.

Thanks, I will give him a call tomorrow.

Cheers

Did they say if it was caused by worn swirl flaps leaking?
They can be removed / plugged and the motor over-ridden with a simple mod (or kept, unconnected)

If not DIY then still quite costly on the labour.

No, they just said that the leak was coming from the inlet manifold.

I'm guessing if I get someone to take it off just to replace the seals, its likely that they may discover a problem with the swirl flaps etc - although I'm not suffering any power problems. Given that its a 4-6 hour labour charge, I'm guessing it would be best to replace the unit?

It looks like the swirl flap bit is not sold separately, so it comes as a combined unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom