w163 ml270 reverse tilt mirror help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scoot33

Car
ml 270
hi im new to forum ,i have a 2005 ml 270 w163,,im trying to sort out the reverse tilt mirror on it ,i have done the procedure what the manual says and its not working,not sure if im doing something wrong,it says on the manual to select reverse ,then pos 1 or 2 on the ignition then press memory button on the seat then within 3 seconds press the mirror adjustment button,i have done that and when i select reverse the mirror n/s doesnt tilt any help on this would be great

May be you were pressing the passenger seat memory button.

Think its the driver's seat memory button that needs to be pressed, not the passenger seat.

This is because the feature only requires driver seat memory option to be installed.

Feature only works if mirror selection buttons are set to the passenger mirror.

i was doing it in drivers seat with the memory button and had the left kerbside button on as well ,im a bit puzzled

Are you sure your ML has the dipping mirror facility? My 08 didn't have it -it took the garage 2 days to discover that !

i was doing it in drivers seat with the memory button and had the left kerbside button on as well ,im a bit puzzled
With my Clk you just leave the button pressed in for the passenger side mirror adjustment if that make sense

Scoot33,

If you post your VIN, someone can check your datacard to see if your car was supplied with the dipping feature.

Scoot33,

If you post your VIN, someone can check your datacard to see if your car was supplied with the dipping feature.
post the vin to who codger that would be a good plan to see if i do have this option

Odd, my 2003 ML270 has this function, and i try not to use it !!!!!
Anyway, in the center consol, push the small button down that you would push to adjust the mirror, now when you select reverse, it should tilt.
If you do not want it to tilt, select the drivers mirror button, and it will not tilt.
How do i now this, trail and error on my part

Scoot33, here's your datacard:

I suspect your car may not have the passenger mirror dip function, unless it behaves as in Joderest's post above.

CLKs get the dip function from option 275 (Memory Package - Driver seat, steering column and mirror). Your car does not have this option, but has options 241 and 242 which appear to give memory function to the seats only.

Attachments

• 163113.pdf
    155.2 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom