W163 Rear Seat Locked Flat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

topdown

Car
E500
Rear seat bigger of the two is fully forward and will not move rear wards. Seat back moves OK but the base is locked. The cable release is disconnected. I have tried trying to flick the catch from the rear. Does anyone have a full description of how to unlock. Looks as if the last resort is removing the small seat completely and knocking the 3 pins out and tilting the base up so I can get in. Dealer has quoted £500 plus the price of a new cable. will try and get a laptop camera in to see what is going on. Any assitance would be very much appreciated.

After putting a small video camera under the seat I found that the 'latching ram' at the door side - the cable had come off. You can get your fingers in and by pulling the latch and operating the normal lever - the seat unlocked. A tennis ball was trapped under the seat and had trappedthe cable. the cable was re-attached and all is OK.

Had a look and the centre 'latching ram' which has the main cable, the other ram has the slave cable.

Lesson - awlays check that there is nothing under the seats when you fold them down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom