W163 Rear shock struts 2000 ML270CDI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wearethesound

Car
2000 ML270 CDI
I recently purchased a 5 seater ML270CDI And have been working through all the issues in finding. (Was a rushed purchase and didn't have time to look it over very well before I purchased it and it is my first Merc) first tasking was the "Black Death" as I've come to learn its called. Figured when I get some time I'd post pictures as it wasn't as hard as I was lead to believe and I had multiple mechanics tell me it was the worst they had ever seen, but that is all besides the point of this thread.

As I stated I have a 5 seater, my situation has changed and was in need of a 7 seater and low and behold I discover it is an option, so I sourced a kit for around £350. My question is, I have been told the 7 seater uses different rear shock struts (shock absorbers, struts, shock springs or what ever people are calling them) but I can't seem to find anything about specific ones when I'm attempting to purchase replacement ones since the current ones are bad anyway. Is this true? And if so does anyone know where I can order them? Thanks in advance for any help you all might have to offer.

I would get hold of a 7 seater chassis number and order them from Mercedes

Ok, so there is a different type per model features?

One more thing I forgot to add, it also has the boot spare tire carrier on it.

I recently purchased a 5 seater ML270CDI And have been working through all the issues in finding. (Was a rushed purchase and didn't have time to look it over very well before I purchased it and it is my first Merc) first tasking was the "Black Death" as I've come to learn its called. Figured when I get some time I'd post pictures as it wasn't as hard as I was lead to believe and I had multiple mechanics tell me it was the worst they had ever seen, but that is all besides the point of this thread.

As I stated I have a 5 seater, my situation has changed and was in need of a 7 seater and low and behold I discover it is an option, so I sourced a kit for around £350. My question is, I have been told the 7 seater uses different rear shock struts (shock absorbers, struts, shock springs or what ever people are calling them) but I can't seem to find anything about specific ones when I'm attempting to purchase replacement ones since the current ones are bad anyway. Is this true? And if so does anyone know where I can order them? Thanks in advance for any help you all might have to offer.

I've just bought the same car myself under similar circumstances. I'm discovering information for these models aren't as easy to come by as others.

Hope you got sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom