W163 Rotor size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim85

Car
ML270
All,

The background:

A couple of years ago I bought an early W163 270 :fail. After suffering pretty much every usual error consecutively within 6 months (intlet mani,stepper motor, crankcase breather, boost pipes, exhaust brackets, central locking, electric windows, panoramic roof leak, EGR, MAF and some other more unusual brainteasers) I got another limp mode and came to the conclusion it was a rotter and not worth any more trouble. In a juvenile fit of epic proportions, I took the car to my parents house covered it over and bought a Honda. The Honda served unquestionably, until someone decided to career into it and write it off. I find myself now trying to resurrect the ML as a stop gap. I sought the advice of one of my friends who works as a mercedes commercial mechanic and is now himself the proud owner of a 163.

To the question:

The rotors and calipers on the front of my friends facelift are enormous in comparison to the puny milk-bottle tops on my 2000 model. Did they upgrade these as part of the facelift or have I had some wonderful downgrades retro-fitted by the cowboy that sold me the vehicle in the first place?

Many thanks,

Have a word or contact the guys at ECP, they may be able to help.
See their ad at top of forum pages - 25% off brake discs!

I too would like to do this but I think the caliper and hub would have to be upgraded to unless there is a way of extending the caliper to fit
Let us know if you've found anything out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom