W163 Third row windows

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sappers

Car
ML270 CDI
Has the W163 model with 5 seats and non opening third row windows got the wiring in place to add opening third row windows when converting to 7 seats, and is the wiring already fitted at the front centre console for the switches, does anybody know? I have a 2002 7 seater and I am looking to replace it and would like to know if I have all the parts from it so I can buy a 5 seater and convert it or whether to just buy another 7 seater.

Aren't the 5 seat rear windows non-opening?

Seems like a hell of a lot of work just to be able to crack the window about 2 inches!

I have the full 7 seat kit in black or anthracite (not sure what it's officially called) if you are looking for one - 2 x seats with h/rests, brackets, seat belts, grab handles.

P.S. If the options weren't ordered on the car it won't have anything to support them i.e. 5 seater = no window wiring, no 3rd row seat brackets etc.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for that. I have a 7 seater already but I'm looking to buy a good one. If I can get a decent one I am going to break the one I have and use it for parts (running but injectors and EGR playing up and I refuse to spend any more money on it.) I was looking to get a 5 or 7 seater and just swap all the parts over if a 5 seater, but if there is no wiring I will not bother unless it's plug and play looms either end.

Aren't the 5 seat rear windows non-opening?

Seems like a hell of a lot of work just to be able to crack the window about 2 inches!

I have the full 7 seat kit in black or anthracite (not sure what it's officially called) if you are looking for one - 2 x seats with h/rests, brackets, seat belts, grab handles.

P.S. If the options weren't ordered on the car it won't have anything to support them i.e. 5 seater = no window wiring, no 3rd row seat brackets etc.

What are you asking for the 7 seat kit? The wife wants the same 7 seat option as she has in her Picasso (Personally the thought of 6 girls giggling on the way to netball practice horrifies me!!)

Martyn n,

PM'ed you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom