W163: Update: The saga continues, a new chapter?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DexterML

Car
W163 ML270
Hi all
Right, So far, changed Camshaft sensor, fuel filter and fitted new Crankshaft sensor yesterday. Took it for a drive at 10:00 pm today and .............it died on me within 6 minutes ( a new record).

BUT... I looked under the bonnet, I wanted to see if the line from the filter to the pump was letting air in. I realised that there was diesel sprayed all over and the smell was quite noticeable.
I noticed the retaining clips on the fuel line from the filter to the pump were broken. I pushed the end bit to the pump and then cranked the engine again. This time it started on the 3rd attempt, which it never did before (it didn't for like 10 tries before). I let the engine tick over and looked at the fuel line. The pressure was pushing the hose out and it was visible to the plain eye.
I tied it with tie wraps and started the car back up again. I followed the same road in reverse and it got me home with no problems.

Could this be the root cause of all the car dying issues? The other two times, the car died and then refused to start (cranked but no fire) until left for about half an hour 3 quarters of an hour.

In any case the fuel lines must be changed and my issue is I can't locate fuel lines like mine on the EPC. They all look different than mine.

I wonder if this is perhaps some good news finally or just another mishap.

Sounds like potential good news. If diesel is coming out then air is being sucked in for sure - which would explain dying and difficult starting.

erm yes you will insufficient fuel - so it will die.

Take a trip to a MB dealers with your reg/vin to get the right parts. Gets the parts guy outside to show him exactly what you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom