W163 Ventilation fan issues...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

miggit

Car
2000 ML270CDI Manual
Hi all, my ML has developed issues with the heater fan.. when I turn it on it takes up to 10 minutes to start :mad: and then when I remove the key from the car the fan is still going strong:crazy:

I have waited for the car to go to sleep (blank dash) but the fan is still going strong, so I have to turn it off at the controls (speed switch)

To say that it's puzzling is an understatement, and very annoying in this heat that I have to wilt for a time before the A/C starts to do it's job.

Any ideas??

This is just an update, as I have been able to sort the issue and it could be useful for future readers.....

It was the relay in the fuse box!! I can only assume that the contacts were so rotten it was arcing at the start, hence the slow start (10 minutes +) and the delayed stop, I can only put down to the contacts being 'welded' together.... All be it badly as the joint would break after a few minutes!!

And finally I used a standard 70 Amp relay (12 volt automotive 4 pin) to repair it, rather than a rather expensive Mercedes relay... in fact I got 5 relays delivered for less than the cost of a second hand Mercedes relay!!

s-l1600 (7).jpg

Personally I find it more than annoying to google a fault, discover that there is someone who has suffered the same fate and then not post the solution...... I can't be the only person running an ML with 230K on the clock.... or am I?

I agree with you, see my thread "threads and a bit of a moan".
Lots of others agree as well.

On your last, am I the only person running a 2003 ML270 with only 36,000 on the clock!!!!!!. I think it was a lucky find, well I hope so. But age not mileage is causing a few problems, but getting them all done. Just gearbox oil change ( happening Monday) and sort rear heater to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom