W164 2007 tail gate stuck closed

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by cb300, Jun 18, 2017.

1. cb300

cb300 New Member

Car:
    ML320cdi
    Hi all, anyone had similar experiences with the soft close tailgate? It's been playing up a lately with what sounds like gears /cogs slipping when it tried to pull itself closed ,but it always did after a couple of goes.It closed without the soft " pull in" tonight(like a standard tailgate) and now it won't open . Any pointers before a pull the rear cover off and have a look ? Ta

2. toolman1954

toolman1954 MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2003 320 CDI Avantgarde, 1997 312d Sprinter
    Hi,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baXYP_A_rR4

Will this help you when you get it open? When my 211 tailgate latch was playing up, and eventually sheered some teeth off of a cog wheel, I just got a replacement off of Ebay and fitted that. Unlike my old 210 the 211 did not even have a keylock on the back to open it with.

Steve

3. OP
    OP
    cb300

cb300 New Member

Car:
    ML320cdi
    Thanks just watched the link and seen all the plastic cogs that'll be the problem I recon !!! I see on eBay someone doing recon units from Germany . Anyone know if you can buy the internal parts from somewhere ? Only the complete unit listed on MB epc .